Please note that we have now closed the freelance positions that were advertised early 2022. We received an overwhelming number of applications from all over the World, many of which had extensive experience in the exact role we were looking to fill. We thank all that applied and are still busy replying to applicants… if you’ve not yet received a reply from us, you will do so soon!
We still have full time positions available for our South African branch – keep riding to find out more!
WHY WORK WITH RIDE EXPEDITIONS?
If you’re a people person that possesses common sense & a sense of adventure in equal measure, are passionate about motorcycles and eager to travel the world, we may want to hear from you. Ride Expeditions is expanding & on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team and assist us with our never ending quest to provide the world’s greatest motorcycle adventures.
You’ll travel the world by motorcycle. You’ll work alongside our local teams in incredible locations. You’ll ride with guests from all over the world and from all walks of life. You’ll witness some of the most breathtaking sights on the planet. You’ll be part of an exciting company, working with likeminded people who are committed to delivering motorcycle adventures to the highest of standards. And those are the just some of the reasons…
FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN OUR SOUTH AFRICAN BRANCH (CAPE TOWN)
We’re looking for multi-skilled bikers who we can train to be tour leaders and become part of the Ride Expeditions team in our South African branch, based in Cape Town, on a full time basis.
Kind, passionate, hard working, quick thinking, logical thinking, energetic and likeable are just a few of the personality traits we’re looking for.
If you’re a sociable person that possesses common sense & a sense of adventure in equal measure, are passionate about motorcycles and eager to travel the world, we may want to hear from you.
You’ll be required to be away from home for 2-6 weeks at a time, 3-5 times per year. When in South Africa, you’ll be required to work standard office hours at our Cape Town office.
While working in the office, you’ll be responsible for tour planning, supplier reservations, country research, risk assessments and many other tour operation related tasks. Candidates that can bring additional skills/experience to the team would certainly be at an advantage and these could be any of the following: marketing, social media management, photography, logistics, content creation, web development, graphic design, sales etc.
If you have at least 2 years off-road and 5 years on-road riding experience, a clean criminal record and an unrestricted driving license.
Applications must include both CV, cover letter and a 5-10 minute video clip telling us about yourself and why you’re the right candidate for the job. Please email your application to email@example.com. Applications that do not include all of these will be ignored.
FREELANCE TOUR LEADER
CONTRACT TYPE: Freelance.
START DATE: July/August 2022.
COMMITMENT: You must be available for a minimum of 2 months per year, for periods of 4-6 weeks at a time. We require you to be committed for at least 3 years.
MONEY: This will be disclosed to those that reach the interview stage, but please do not apply if you expect motorcycle tour leading to be a high paying job.
- Ensure tours are operated inline with Ride Expeditions high standards of quality, ethics and sustainability.
- Care for the business as if it were your own.
- Exceptional customer service – the guests come first, always.
- While on tour, you are on-call 24/7. This is not a simple, 9-5 clock in clock off job.
- Prepare all required equipment and paperwork for the tour.
- Give pre-trip & daily morning briefings.
- Management of other team members.
- Monitor the safety checks of the motorcycles and support vehicles.
- Revise the risk assessments on every trip and suggest amendments when necessary.
- Review the accuracy of written itineraries, marketing material and tour manuals on every trip.
- Maintain the medical kit.
- Maintain an interest in wilderness medicine, beyond that of obtaining the required qualification.
- Record all trip expenses.
- Keep a daily diary of events and submit a tour report at the end of each tour.
- And a few thousand other things.
- Flexibility. Tour & team scheduling is a big task for us and we rely on the flexibility of our team.
- Willing to take part in a 5 week unpaid training programme and a 35 hour online course.
- Young or young at heart, physically fit and full of beans. Our tours generally err on the side of adventure and a job on the Ride Expeditions support team is not an easy one.
- Keen to get nipple deep in mud, sand and elbow grease.
- Well travelled, preferably in far flung destinations. Sorry, but if you’ve never strayed outside of the UK, you’re unlikely to be considered. A Miami beach holiday doesn’t count.
- Bike knowledge and basic mechanics.
- Possess common sense & a sense of adventure in equal measure.
- Naturally polite, kind and professional.
- An excellent multitasker. There really is a lot to think about on tour, and remembering the finer details makes a big difference to a guests experience.
- A real problem solver. Not only do you need to be good at solving issues when they arise, you need to enjoy it.
- A leader that excels under pressure. When things don’t go as planned, how do you react… Do you panic and get flustered? Do you point the finger at the person responsible? Or do you take control in a calm & positive manner?
- A real people person. You will be the face of Ride Expeditions while on tour. People must like you (or at the very least, not dislike you!).
- Experience in a relevant role. We’re looking for outdoor leadership, management, customer service, travel…
- Class A and B license held for a minimum of 3 years.
- A competent and sensible rider both on and off-road.
- A real team player.
- Experience as a motorcycle tour leader gets first prize here.
- Bilingual. French or Spanish is ideal. If you also speak Arabic, Hindi or Mongolian, you get a shiny gold star.
- Extensive travel experience in the destinations in which we operate.
- Photography / videography.
- Confidence in front of the lens.
- Extensive motorcycle / 4×4 mechanics.
- Class C or C1 license.